A listed Grade II National Heritage building, St James’s Church (1845) stands impressively at the centre of St James’s Gardens, at the Holland Park end of the parish. The spacious and majestic interior, beautifully illuminated by the original stained glass windows, enhances a reverent but unfussy approach to the Eucharist.
The outstanding church organ is highly valued by the congregation, as well as a variety of orchestras and other music projects which practice and perform in the church.
The congregation at St James is diverse and attracts people from a wide area. Relevant preaching and a welcoming attitude to children and young people are key features of its liberal catholic identity.